Behold, the almighty cauliflower! Thanks be to our beautiful Mother Earth for adding this gem! I remember eating raw florets while watching Pippy Longstocking on the big box. I'm thankful my kids love eating it raw as I did.
This lovely vegetable is another one of the great cancer fighters! It contains lots of natural B vitamins & helps improve bone strength! I could ramble on about the fantastic benefits this veggie holds but I think I'll move into this yummy sauce! It's super easy & only has ten ingredients.
This sauce is gluten free & soy free. My kids absolutely love it! You can do anything with it. I made a pizza & used the sauce as the base for the pie. Oh my, it was delightful 🙂 And of course, keeping it basic, I used it with some pasta.
What you'll need:
- 1 small head of cauliflower cut into florets (about 2-3 cups)
- 1 whole garlic head
- 1 C of soaked cashews
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 Tbs Nooch (nutritional yeast)
- 1 C dairy free milk, I used unsweetened almond)
- First start by roasting your head of garlic. Cut just enough of the top to expose the cloves, don't cut too much off. Next drizzle about a teaspoon of olive oil & rub it over the top. Wrap in tinfoil & bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While the garlic is roasting, cut your cauliflower into florets & add to a pot of water & boil for about 8 to 10 minutes. Strain & set aside until garlic is finished & slightly cooled.
- Strain your soaked cashews & add to a high speed blender along with the cauliflower & all the other ingredients. Blend that baby until smooth & BAM you're done! Toss with your favorite plant based pasta or serve over some broccoli. I made mine with some gluten free pasta with some air fried Brussels & sautéed mushrooms 😉