Hey all you beautiful beings! I’m so stoked to share this spicy cheez queso with you! It’s so creamy and legit tastes like nacho cheese but without the harming of precious creatures. It’s such an easy recipe, and of course packed with veggies! If you’re new to this plant based life then you you need to know about this amazing ingredient called Nutritional yeast, aka nooch. Nooch is a staple in my home! My kids always make sure Mom adds it to everything! Try it on popcorn, add it to soups, pasta, make some nut cheez. The possibilities are endless. Nutritional yeast is a excellent source of B vitamins. That’s pretty important for maintaining a good metabolism.
Ok, so this nacho sauce I didn’t make up, I’ve only altered the ingredients to my tastebuds. It’s too amazing to not share, so without further ado, I give you this deliciousness, which you are free to add to your favorite nacho plate, or even make the classic, hamburger helper, of course without the harming of animals, cause that shiz is way not cool!
What you’ll need:
- 2 C of peeled & diced white potatoes
- 1 C of peeled & diced carrots
- 1/2 C of unsweet almond mylk
- 1/2 C sunflower oil (you can also use grapeseed, or avocado oil)
- 6 pickled jalapeños or peperoncinos
- 4 Tbs of the brine juice from the jalapeños
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 3 to 4 Tbs of Nooch (nutritional yeast)
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp pink salt
- Boil potatoes & carrots for about 10 minutes, careful not to over boil. While they’re boiling add all other ingredients to a high speed blender. I use a Vitamix. It’s my absolute favorite kitchen tool! Next, drain the potatoes & carrots. Add them to the blender & blend baby! Make sure to blend until creamy & smooth. That’s it! You’re done! So stop reading this, and go and make this now!!! Mad love to all you beautiful souls!