Ah, pesto, how I love you.....let me count the ways.......haha, that might take too long. You can make pesto pasta, add some to your favorite vegan mayo, pesto mash, pesto pizza, ok, I'm starting to sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump. Let's get to the benefits, this green beauty is packed with super greens. Arugula being my absolute favorite! It's a great detoxifier and it has high levels of chlorophyll, I'm a huge fan of chlorophyll. So here's to fighting cancer, babes!
What you'll need:
- 1 cup of packed basil
- 2 cups of packed arugula
- 1/4 cup of packed cilantro (optional, I just love the added flavor)
- 1 cup of walnuts or pecan halves
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbs of nooch (nutritional yeast)
- 1 tsp of pink salt
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- dash of pepper
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
(Try to use organic as much as possible.)
- add all ingredients except oil to food processor, turn processor on low speed and slowly add the oil in. You may need to scrape down edges and process a little more. There you have it, babes, super easy, delish pesto.